Wednesday, August 24, 2011

We kill a few hours at the Front Porch Cafe

Last week was a long one for me. After a 54 hour work week, I was ready to start my 1 day weekend with a beer. Rob, always thinking of others, thought it would be a great time to go to The Front Porch Cafe, the new beer (and wine) bar at Rozi's Wine House in Lakewood. This, of course, had nothing to do with the fact that they had just tapped Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale. Rob was thinking only of me, and I'm lucky to have such a considerate husband.

Rozi's has always been one of our favorite places to grab a six or 22 of beer, and the occasional bottle of wine. It's also where we have been doing the bulk of our ingredient shopping for our home brewing. We really didn't need another excuse to go, but I'm glad that they gave us one anyway.

The new patio is cozy and cute with bistro-style tables and wine crate themed walls. We enjoyed an entertaining view of Lakewood with excellent people-watching opportunities. The draft beer selection is small, but impressive. They have wines, too, for those poor saps who have a significant other who prefers that sort of thing.  They even offer flights of beer or wine and a bottle selection of... well... the entire store. I could see how we could easily kill a few hours there.

We did not partake of any, but they also have a small selection of delicious-sounding foodstuffs.  I look it as an excuse to go back, which I'm sure we will in the near future.

Best of all, we met another pair of Cleveland people crazy about beer, check them out over at The Barley Whine.

No comments:

Post a Comment